Adedeji Odulesi is the CEO, Communications without borders. He speaks all Nigerian languages such as Yoruba, Igbo, Hausa, Efik, Idoma, Fulani to mention but a few.
He also speaks English, French, Spanish, Dutch, Portuguese etc.
For those aspiring to be like him; he has given tips to learning new languages.
KEYS TO LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE.
- Have no biases, be friendly. You cannot hate a people and hope to learn their language.
- Speak the little you already know. Children are never afraid or ashamed of making mistakes, so they learn very fast.
- Age is no barrier. Depending on how you manage your time, age is really no barrier. 20 minutes everyday is better than 2 hours once a week!
- Travel on vacation to places where your desired language is spoken.
- Use apps. Duolingo, Rosetta Stone and many more abound. Google them up.
- Read books, magazines, newspapers in your targeted language. I have a Bible in all the languages that I speak!
- Watch movies on T. V., Youtube etc and listen to music in your targeted language.
- Enrol in Language Schools. Goethe Institute for German and Alliance Française for French among many other options.
- Employ Nannies, Cooks, Drivers, Security Personnel etc who speak your targeted language.
- Where possible marry someone who speaks your desired language. If you are already married, this does not apply o😀😀😀. Best wishes.