The group made this known on Friday during a meeting with the INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmood Yakubu in Abuja.
Speaking shortly after the meeting, Mr Yakubu promised to ensure the implementation of the group’s recommendations, adding that the EU has been part of Nigeria’s progress towards democratic consolidation since 1999.
Meanwhile, ahead of the today’s presentation of the report, the EU EOM Chief Observer, Marie Arena has met with key stakeholders such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the civil society, political parties such as the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
The highlights include :
1 . Lack of political Leadership that’s dedicated to the rights of Nigerians
2. Lack of transparency on the part of INEC
3. Electoral Insecurity which resulted to low turnout
4. Abuse of Incumbency both at Federal and State levels
5. Intimidation and Harassment of Journalists using Federal Might
6. Violence and Intimidation of supporters especially in Lagos, Port Harcourt and Kano
7. Abrupt postponement of Presidential Elections as INEC was forced to work under pressure.
8. Negative roles of Security Forces which marred the Integrity of the Electoral Process.